The AAS WorldWide Telescope project (WWT) is committed to open and transparent governance.
The software components of the WWT project are licensed under the open-source MIT License. Software development is managed under the WorldWideTelescope organization on GitHub. Copyrights to the software are held by the .NET Foundation.
The American Astronomical Society (AAS) is the primary sponsor and manager of the WWT project. The Director of the WorldWide Telescope project at AAS is Dr. Peter K. G. Williams, reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AAS Steering Committee
AAS participation in the WWT project is overseen by the WWT Steering Committee. Current members of the Steering Committee are:
- Dr. William Armentrout (Green Bank Observatory; chair)
- Dr. Gina Brissenden (U. Arizona / AAS)
- Prof. Andrew Connolly (U. Washington)
- Prof. Hannah Jang-Condell (U. Wyoming; AAS Board of Trustees representative)
- Prof. Sarah Loebman (U. California, Merced)
The AAS gratefully acknowledges the service of previous Directors:
- Doug Roberts
- Philip Rosenfield
and previous members of the Steering Committee:
- Amanda Bauer
- Nancy Brickhouse
- Jack Burns
- Kelle Cruz
- Buell Jannuzi
- Jessica Kirkpatrick
- Kevin Marvel
- Megan Schwamb
- Chick Woodward