WorldWide Telescope 5.1 Gold for Windows
WorldWide Telescope 5.1 Gold is the latest version of WorldWide Telescope (WWT). WWT 5.1 Gold is already in production use in some of the world’s premiere planetariums. This feature-rich application is now available to everyone as a free download.
Select WorldWide Telescope download options below.
Version 5.1 Gold runs on Windows 7 or Windows 8, in either 32- or 64-bit mode, depending on your operating system. It also supports native DirectX 11, DirectX 10, and has some support for down-level DirectX 9 hardware running through the DirectX 11 API.
WWT 5.1 Gold System Requirements
To run this software, you need the following on your computer:
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (older versions of Windows are not supported)
- Discrete graphics card with 512 MB VRAM, DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 compatibility, high-end GTX 480 class or better, and 1 GB VRAM recommended
- WorldWide Telescope 5.1 Gold
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
Do not attempt to install WWT 5.1 Gold on Windows XP. It does not run and can potentially prevent the legacy version from running.
The legacy version of WWT supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, and DirectX 9.0c hardware running as a 32-bit application. Do not attempt to install WWT 5.1 Gold on Windows XP. It does not run and can potentially prevent the legacy version from running.